For over 30 years, HRI Properties has pioneered partnerships with communities to revitalize historic structures and create diverse, sustainable neighborhoods. These efforts have created opportunities for meaningful employment throughout the community. As a result, HRI has been voted "Best Places to Work" in New Orleans for the past three years. HRI Lodging (HRIL), the hotel management division of HRI, is one of the 50 largest hotel management companies in the U.S. Continued growth of the organization is supported by key alliances with major domestic and international investment firms as well as relationships with industry leading brands including Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Intercontinental Hotel Group and Crowne Plaza. We are looking for the "best of the best" to join us in our continued growth and success!
The Aloft- Philadelphia General Manager is responsible to oversee all management responsibility for hotel operations including profitability, guest services, quality and maintenance of the property, revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction, staff development and retention.
- Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team performance, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
The ideal candidate for the Aloft-Philadelphia General Manager position is one who can lead with a passion that inspires staff. Successful candidates also provide strategic leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation of the hotel while improving on the current model, and in doing so, helps their property and our business thrive.
- Previous experience as a Hotel General Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Yield Management Systems programs, Property Management System (PMS) programs, Daily Revenue System (DRS) programs
- Strong sales and revenue management experience
About the Aloft Philadelphia Convention Center
HRI is redeveloping the 1925 Liberty Title Building, located one block from historic Philadelphia City Hall square and adjacent to the Philadelphia convention center, into a 179 room Aloft by Starwood hotel. Originally constructed as the headquarters for the Liberty Title and Trust Company, the building had several owners before it was purchased by HRI’s partners in 2008. Many historic features remain, primarily in the main bank lobby, which will be transformed into the new hotel lobby and WXYZ bar. The converted building will also offer guests an outdoor deck, meeting space, and direct internal access to the convention center. Inspired by the vibrant public mural program in Philadelphia, the hotel will feature large scale art installations and a rotating art wall featuring local artists.