General Manager – The Foundation Hotel, Detroit
Do you want to be part of the exciting revitalization of Detroit? The Foundation Hotel is at the forefront of the renewal of the Motor City. A transformation of the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters and adjacent Pontchartrain Wine Cellar building, The Foundation will be the top hotel in the market with authentic inspiration, design, and programming that respects Detroit’s past, yet is looking forward through its revival. This 100 room hotel is scheduled to open Spring 2017.
The food and beverage programming will include a three-meal restaurant and bar with approximately 200 covers positioned to be among the top restaurants in the region. The hotel’s restaurant will present iconic New American cuisine, and with space that will serve as an incubator for culinary students, up and coming chefs and visiting culinary influencers. The elevated bar program will focus on collaboration with Michigan breweries and distillers.
The hotel will feature approximately 4500 square feet of meeting space, including a rooftop ballroom and a unique podcast studio.
Managed by Aparium Hotel Group, the hotel experience will be driven by the brand pillars of translocal hospitality, collaboration and intuitive service. The powerful culmination of these elements creates a truly unique environment. Aparium’s service culture is rooted in the belief that art and science are necessary to curate the guest experience. The art of the experience comes together through the power of people, place and character. The science is embedded throughout our standards and training resources. This creates a powerful service experience that enhances every guest interaction.
- We believe in a flat organization – working closely with all levels is essential to success
- Leads the hotel team to develop a strategic business plan that defines profitability objectives, operational goals, guest loyalty and satisfaction and associate engagement
- Reinforces the Intuitive Service Model by coaching and developing teams to high performance
- Creates a productive and engaging work environment where all associates are valued
- Responsible for short and long-term profitability of the hotel
- Develops and monitors annual business and marketing plans
- Measures the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts in order to diversify sources of revenue and maximize the number of market segments needed
Standards & Service
- Ensures all associates follow instincts and use best judgment to create experiences for guests that are thoughtful and authentic
- Maximizes the guest experience and upholds Aparium standards consistently
- Utilizes guest feedback to improve service delivery
- Attracts and selects the most qualified, on-brand talent
- Develops and coaches associates for future advancement
- A 4-year college degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience in hotel management at an executive level
- Hotel opening experience preferred
- Knowledge of all hotel functions preferred
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language required
- Proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Anticipates and delivers exceptional service consistently
- Intuitively services each guest, associate, visitor or client
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on the details
- Follows instinct and uses her/his best judgment to create experiences for guests that are thoughtful and genuine
- Greets each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the hotel
Aparium Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. The Foundation Hotel is a smoke-free, drug-free facility, and equal opportunity employer.