ZMC HotelsThis is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in hotel management. ZMC Hotels is a diverse portfolio of hospitality properties that provide for personal career development and will enlarge your capacity to work in a high performing business. With over 40 years' business experience in hospitality, ZMC Hotels currently manages 34 locations and over 4000 rooms. The ZMC Hotel group is on a launching pad for growth, through new development and acquisitions. This is the place to grow your career!
Our General Managers hold one of the most important roles at the hotel. They are the hotel’s leader. They motivate managers. Inspire employees. Engage with guests. All while running an efficient and profitable business that delivers a superior guest experience.
The Hampton Inn & Suites is located in Oxford, Alabama is set in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and situated just off I-20 between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA, and minutes from Anniston, AL. Talladega Superspeedway is a few miles away and a must for NASCAR fans. The Hampton Inn & Suites is a Hilton Lighthouse Award winner and features 101 rooms and suites, pool and all the amenities guests expect at a Hampton Inn & Suites.
This job might be for you if you:
- Can handle the daily operations of the hotel and oversee all areas of the hotel including front office, housekeeping, breakfast, maintenance, night audit, guest satisfaction, and sales.
- Are capable to successfully market the hotel's quality product and services with the goal of exceeding guests’ expectations.
- Are sharp at and will provide sales leadership and implement plans to achieve profitability goals.
- Know how to recruit, hire, train and retain top talent that will give the WOW experience to all guests.
- Have the ability to not only supervise hotel employees but mentor and motivate them as well.
- Are passionate and will help guests out as quickly and awesomely as possible.
- Know how to work with departments to achieve budgets and build strong working relationships.
- Will motivate and ensure the cleanliness and safety of the hotel.
- Are capable at creating the hotel’s annual budget and track performance throughout the year.
- Can produce and effectively explain the monthly financial reports.
- Have the ability to deliver strong financial performance while maintaining guests relations.
- Enjoy collaboration and learning with other ZMC Hotels General Managers.
If you’re good at:
- Supervision and creating a welcoming work place where employees can perform to the best of their ability.
- Promoting the hotel in its community to be the lodging facility of choice.
- Delivering clear communication with guests, business partners, and employees.
- Being energetic, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
- Preparing and operating within budget.
- Reading and understanding a financial statement.
We need someone who:
- Provides a high-quality image towards the guests, employees, business associates, and the community.
- Has knowledge of Oxford and its surrounding community and its current events.
- Is able to work a flexible schedule which could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Can be available to their staff and provide calm direction during emergency situations.
- Has an approachable personality.
- Communicates effectively to create a great impression in writing, telephone and personal meeting situations.