Northern British Columbia is preparing to welcome the Courtyard Marriott Prince George, a 174-room hotel scheduled to be completed and operational at the end of 2017. The six-storey building will feature 7,000 square feet of convention space, a Bistro, a pool with exercise room and 92 underground parking stalls. It will be a generation six, the largest and most up-to-date of the Courtyard models in the Marriott chain. Built from a wood-frame construction - after all Prince George is the white spruce capital of Canada - the project is a cornerstone of city councils effort to revitalize the downtown, situated in the city center next to the Public Library at the foot of Connaught Hill Park.
Crescent Hotels Resorts is seeking a dynamic and energetic General Manager to lead this project and team through the pre-opening stages and beyond.
Create and maintain customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotels profitability goals.
REPORTS TO Vice President or Regional Director of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Perform administrative duties including reading and writing reports, internal and external communication, including communicating both verbally and in writing with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7. Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriately handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Five years experience as a General Manager in full-service hotels.
Ability to work AM and PM shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Brand experience preferred.
Adcanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.