At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct, manage, and oversee guest experience and cost efficiency for the properties
- Strong guest relation skills
- Ability to work with owners on a daily basis.
- Understanding how to positively impact the guest experience.
- Lead annual planning process, to include the sales and marketing plan, operating budgets, capital budgets, and human resource plan
- Drive new market and business development for conference use as appropriate.
- Uphold philosophy and values of owners and Benchmark, keeping the home office and the owners informed of important decisions, progress, etc. on a regular basis
- Maintaining a positive work environment at the property by building an outstanding team of the best talent, leading and inspiring all employees to work to their highest capabilities in order to achieve the highest possible standards and holding the team accountable for results.
- Periodically prepare an evaluation of all work activities, and institute changes in systems and services offered in every division and department.
- Develop and execute an effective communication plan to guests, ownership, and employees and establish liaisons with and provide special attention to key members and clients.
- Foster and maintain good business and community relationships; support and participate in those business and community activities, which will benefit the property’s positioning.
- Identify meaningful achievement goals. Provide standards to measure performance. Facilitate Leadership and Management Team and staff meetings
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service at a four-diamond level in line with owner goals
- Conduct frequent tours of the property to ensure that the quality of the facilities is maintained at the highest level
- Direct programs for training and development to enhance the guest experience and ensure communication methods are in place for guest recognition and preferences
- Direct employee relations programs along with Human Resources.Manager
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport among the staff.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance program is appropriate and well managed.
- Ensure regular walk through for cleanliness and maintenance.
- Lead Capital recommendations to improve property operations.
- Direct program to see that all Guest/Employee safety and health requirements are met.
- The ability to work in an environment with constant change. Be creative in the approach to problem solving, offerings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Requires ability for highly complex conceptual thinking and developing creative solutions
- Previous hospitality experience required, to include conference operations
- Strong Food & Beverage knowledge
- Minimum 10 years previous GM experience required
- Requires a minimum formal education of a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent on the job experience
- Some sales and marketing experience preferred
- Must be able and willing to work within the confines of a strict budget.