At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Benchmark has determined our core set of values as: Integrity, Individual, Entrepreneurship, Partnership, Realism, Service and we believe in a balanced system of Living, Learning and Leisure. These values are considered and applied in all aspects of our performance and relationships with others and everything we do has our guests, employees and owners in mind.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and inspire all employees to work to their highest capabilities in order to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Uphold philosophy and values of owner and Benchmark.
- Drive new market and business development.
- Encourage good guest relations. Be available at peak business times and for special guests. Work very closely with VIP's. Meet, greet, and see to the comfort of all guests.
- Establish liaisons with and provide special attention to key clients.
- Maintain good rapport with, and takes leadership role in, appropriate professional associations, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and community groups. Ensure that the property participates in relevant industry, trade and community events.
- Understand owner and management company objectives.
- Direct the control of costs and expenses in all areas.
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service at a four-diamond level.
- Direct programs for training and development of the management employee staff so that all areas of the operation are supervised properly and are geared to perform to the best advantage.
- Institute a program of regular inspections to see that standards are maintained.
- Assist in the direction of employee relations programs.
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport between all employees.
- Assist in employee development and succession planning for all employees.
- Institute whatever safety measures are necessary to comply with appropriate Local and National regulations.
- Develops and implements procedures to improve operations.
- Responds to calls and questions from owners, guests, employees and departments.
- Provides customer service to guests, owners, employees and departments.
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- People who can deliver a consistently high level of customer-satisfying product and service.
- People with strong four diamond operations background.
- Individuals who enjoy working at a property that develops people for promotion.
- Someone who wants to join a very progressive company.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, communicate effectively with staff and management, analyze and resolve problems, use independent judgment, and deal successfully with public. This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must have necessary skills to perform intermediate math and use computer software programs. Strong community relations with a diverse background in Luxury Branded Hotels.
Must present knowledge of the hospitality industry and operations. Possess knowledge of budgetary process, billing and purchasing and employee relations. Must be able to effectively communicate to co-workers and owners / guests.
Scope of this Position
- In preparing for this position, candidate will ideally have five years progressive General Manager Experience in a 4-Star hotel or resort.
- Consistently exceed guest expectations related to service and delivery.
- Previous experience at a 4-star or equivalent property.
- This position reports to: Senior Vice President
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Branded Hotel Experience
- Strong community relationship
- Luxury hotel brand experience
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire employees to achieve those goals.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Build morale and spirit.
- Participative management style.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Proven ability to increase revenues
- Demonstrates integrity and business ethics
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up
- Follow/enforce company policies and procedures
- Resolve problems
- Assume responsibility/accountability
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations
- Creative problem solving skills
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency preferred.