Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Perform general repairs in and around hotel as needed.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
* Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Under direction of the Director of Engineering or Assistant Director of Engineer, perform general repair and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel. Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience.
* Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required.
* Ensure that all safety systems are operable.
* Respond to guest room calls as required.
* Responsible for maintenance operations of the hotel, hotel property, guest rooms, public space and back of the hotel areas.
* Responds to engineering and maintenance concerns.
* Performs and/or monitors maintenance and preventive maintenance projects
* Maintains departmental compliance with hotel maintenance procedures.
* Supports hotel departmental maintenance programs and executes daily, weekly and monthly checklist of all equipment.
* Responsible for completing assigned Hotsos work orders.
* Assist management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations.
* Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
* Machine operators: (without inspection), mechanics, skilled trades people. Works with lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. Also, mechanics and skilled tradespeople and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
* Mobile equipment operators: those who operate cars, trucks, and high lift equipment.
* The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
* The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
* The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including office equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers, and other office equipment as needed.
* High school or equivalent education required.
* Must have minimum of three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
* Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
* Hotel experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.