Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to manage time, be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- *Retrieves deposits from drop safe and does daily deposits.
- *Completes the over/short report.
- *Reimburses cashiers for any due backs.
- *Makes unannounced audits of cashiers’ banks and audits banks monthly as part of month end duties.
- *Counts house safe at beginning and end of each shift and maintains the petty cash fund.
- *Provides change for Hotel employees and guests. Maintains appropriate amount of change in the house safe as necessary.
- *Issues banks to new cashiers and receives same from employees who have left or on leave. Maintains contracts for each cashier and maintains list of all cashiers and banks.
- *Maintains a running bank balance.
- *Receives all Hotel invoices. Matches invoices with purchase orders, receiving reports and packing slips. Compares prices on invoices to purchase orders to ensure accuracy of prices. Verifies addition and extensions of all invoices. Codes invoices to correct expense categories and distributes to appropriate manager for approval.
- *Processes and posts accounts payable invoices and credits into the computer.
- *Process accounts payable checks. Files in alphabetical order by vendor name and matches checks to invoice for signature and disbursement of checks.
- *Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- *Processes checks received from Administrative Assistant and includes checks in daily deposit.
- *Ensures prompt payment of payables.
- *Reconciles statements on a monthly basis and resolves any discrepancies.
- *Handles all vendor inquiries.
- Responsible for rolling all coin from vending machines and including money in daily deposit.
- *Reconciles food and beverage purchases with Accounts Receivable.
- *Responsible for Month end totals and accruals.
- Responsible for food inventory and inputting inventory into the computer.
- Responsible for researching payables information in storage.
- Responsible for special projects or any other duties as assigned.*Denotes essential job duties.
STANDING/WALKING: Occasionally on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
KNEELING/CRAWLING: Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
STOOPING (BENDING AT WAIST): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks at different levels.
TWISTING/TURNING AT KNEES, WAIST & NECK: Occasionally.
LEG/FOOT USE: Occasionally
The Hilton Washington Dulles is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-834-1981 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Licenses & Certifications