Full-time Pastry Cook
The Langham, Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the job
To Assist in the production of high quality desserts/pastries for the entire hotel operation including banquets, Private Dining, Café Fleuri, The Reserve, BOND, as well as any other request.
- Daily efficient production for specific areas of pastry shop depending on shift as outlined by managers and according to hotel standards.
- Daily sanitation and organization of products, i.e. FIFO, HAACP, etc…
- Assistance of AM and PM Café Fleuri dessert service.
- Banquet plate ups and buffet set ups.
- Assist in the production of menus and production lists if asked.
- Assist in daily requisitioning procedures.
- Punctuality for all scheduled shifts.
- Follow all written and unwritten rules of the Langham Hotel Boston.
- BEO reading, minor prioritizing of production lists, minor decision making/judgment skills in the absence of a supervisor.
- Excellent Oral Communication skills, i.e. telephone skills, interdepartmental communication.
Education/Experience/General requirements/Required physical, mental abilities
- Sit, Stand, Grasp, Lift 50 lbs, walk, kneel, squat, bend, long hours on feet.
- Maintains a positive, friendly demeanor at all times.
- Is a team player and has willingness to help other team members and learn from them.
- Understands basic culinary/pastry terms and procedures such as reading a recipe and basic sanitation procedures.
- Communicates effectively in the English Language.
- Culinary/Pastry School Degree Recommended.