Full Time Cook
Langham Hotel Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the job
Prepare and cook food for daily operations in accordance to the chefs specifications and Langham standards.
- Be able to prepare all menu items and adhere to plate presentations.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and arranges soups, meats, vegetables, and other food items for consumption in Food & Beverage outlets
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of the same.
- Ensures spoilage/waste are kept to a minimum by utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized area, included but not limited to, reach-ins, walk-ins, and counters.
- Advise supervisor of low inventory; assist in receiving items, and taking inventory as required.
- Responsible for opening and closing checklists for production of daily menu items.
- Assist the cook 1, or chef de partie, to reach quality standard and time goals.
- Be able to take direction from multiple people.
Education/ experience/general requirements/required phisical, mental abilities
- Must be able to read and follow menus and recipes and compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Poses a culinary degree and/ or minimum 1 year experience in luxury hotel or restaurant of similar quality of Langham Hotel Boston
- Maintain a confident and calm presence
- Use nonverbal auditory and visual sources of information e.g. alarms
- Ability to stand, sit, grasp, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, walk, kneel, squat, bend, push and pull
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule
- Can include additional duties not listed above.