Langham Hotel Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that all guest requests are handled with The Langham Standards. To anticipate guest needs and to provide 5-star service.
- Provide directions; make appropriate recommendations and reservations (i.e. restaurants, theater, sporting events).
- Supervise bell and door staff when Chef Concierge is away from desk.
- Coordinate with Front Desk the arrivals/departures of guests, groups, VIPs, etc.
- Welcome all Guests.
- Record all incoming packages (i.e. FedEx, UPS). Issue deliveries, messages and Record all newspaper deliveries for VIPs.
- Prepare departmental payment for services rendered (i.e. Limos flowers, porterage, gift deliveries).
- Report any discrepancies to Chef Concierge.
- Respond to guest requests. Deliver outstanding customer service, maintaining all brand standards.
- Attend monthly Concierge meetings.
- Ensure maximum levels of guest service whilst maintaining The Langham Standards.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality as outlined by supervisor.
- Additional duties not listed above may also be requested by supervisor.
Ability to communicate (read and/or write and speak) in the English language to the level of mutual understanding with supervisor, coworkers, and guests.
Professional presentation and grooming in conjunction with The Langham, Boston grooming standards.
Ability to stand for length of shift; Stand, Sit, Reach, Grasp; Lift/Carry up to 50-75 lbs.; Walk Climb, Kneel, Squat, Bend, Push/Pull.
Must have an excellent knowledge of Boston.
Digital dexterity; capable of using a computer keyboard.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.