The Langham, Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the guests with luggage for prompt service in a friendly manner and to respond to all guest requests in a timely fashion.
- Respond to guest requests with a smile.
- Insure smooth transition between check-in, rooming, and check-out.
- Transport luggage with bell-cart in a timely manner.
- Check guests into room and offer complete room orientation. Assist in check-outs efficiently.
- Store and retrieve luggage in Concierge area.
- Pick and record all shipments of boxes for guests from loading dock.
- Deliver faxes to guests upon request.
- Promote hotel facilities including the Café, BOND, In-Room Dining, Chuan Body + Soul, and the business center.
- Provide maximum levels of guest service whilst maintaining Langham standards.
- Always strive for five. Cover Doorman for breaks when asked by concierge on duty.
- Consistent atttendance and punctuality as outlined by supervisor.
- Additional duties not listed above may also be requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES
Written/verbal English skills to effectively communicate with supervisor, coworkers, and guests.
Warm, professional, and outgoing personality.
Professional presentation and grooming in conjunction with The Langham, Boston grooming standards.
Ability to stand for length of shift; Stand, Sit, Reach, Grasp; Lift/Carry up to 50-75 lbs.; Walk Climb, Kneel, Squat, Bend, Push/Pull.
Must be a team player.
Must have excellent knowledge of Boston.
Digital dexterity; capable of using a computer keyboard.
Focus on outstanding customer service.