A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
- Prepare pastry food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards
- Stock, maintain and ensure proper storage and refrigeration of an adequate supply of all prepared product
- Develop new products for a-la-carte and catering menus, as needed
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Display and set baked products on mobile carts according to specifications
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food items
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred.
- Candidate should be able to perform all basic cooking skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Preparing a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders.
- Assist with regular kitchen duties whenever possible; i.e. prep work, line cook assistance, cleaning and organizing kitchen.
- Flexible scheduling, including Weekends and Holidays.
- California Food Handlers Certification Required
- Must have a flexible schedule and able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.