Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Regular Full Time Position.
Must be able to work 7am-3:30pm x 5 days a week.
Position Summary: Prepares, seasons and delivers various cold food products; cooks soups, meats, vegetables and other food items in accordance with company and Exec. Chef standards for consumption at restaurants, events, cafeteria, and/or in-room dining.
Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
1. Prepares, from company recipes, food items, such as dressings, cold sauces, condiments, juices, fruit/vegetable trays, cheese/meat platters, appetizers, canapes, cold hors d'oeurves, salads, and other items, according to prescribed company recipes and guidelines, and as required for kitchen, restaurants, events, and cafeteria.
2. Reads and follows menu, recipe, or BEO to estimate food requirements and requisitions food from storage.
3. Slices or carves meats, cheese, poultry used for cold food preparation.
4. May assist with portioning food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings.
5. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
6. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
7. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
8. Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
9. Assists in controlling food products, leftovers, waste and refrigeration organization.
10. Maintains equipment and work area in clean and organized manner.
11. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
1. Two years prior food prep experience in a high-volume, fine dining kitchen required. Culinary degree or training desired or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Complete knowledge of food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills.
3. Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
4. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, recipes, BEO's, and correspondence.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
7. Must have a valid/current Food Handlers Card/Serv Safe or willingness and ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
8. Must know and adhere to all applicable health standards.
9. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor and wearing of designated uniform/attire.
10. Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
The Balboa Bay Resort and Club is an equal opportunity and Everify employer.