Front Office Supervisor
Responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager and Guest Experience Manager in providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests in order to maximize room revenue and occupancy.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in overseeing the functions of the Front Office and Front Office staff while providing a personal and courteous check in and check out for the guest. Must be aware of the scheduled functions of the hotel, all emergency procedures and policies to assist the guests in all situations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- all room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk and that all staff are knowledgeable on such.
- Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Coordinate breaks for staff.
- Assign work duties to staff.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within specified minutes determined by property guidelines.
- Monitor the staffs' interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations. Other duties as assigned
Leadership Skill Requirements:
Consistently demonstrates our established Leadership Competencies:
- Embraces and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Adapt to changes in Leadership and direction
- Customer Satisfaction and Quality Leadership
- Learning and Development Passion
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent working knowledge of all reservations systems.
- Ability to manage time well, meet imposed deadlines and be flexible
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical and managerial applications of Outlook, PMS, Microsoft Office and all other appropriate PC applications. **
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required. College will be an asset.
- Strong Customer Service background.