We are seeking an experienced Front Desk Supervisor for a select service hotel, located in Baton Rouge, La.
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager while providing attentive,
courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room
revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• At lease 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers,
and fellow employees.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
• Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
• Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
• Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway as listed in the Red Book.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping
report have been accurately done and filed.
• Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
• Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments
within the hotel.
• Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering
phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
• Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
• Oversee and ensure that all guests are check in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
• Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a
timely and efficient manner.
The above is a partial job description.
Baton Rouge, LA
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No