JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Front Office Supervisor is to coordinate front office activities of the hotel and assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectations for service.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise the Front Desk, Bell Stand, Valet, Drivers, PBX Operators, and Night Audit to ensure guests receive outstanding customer service in all areas of the hotel.
- Manage multiple activities often in stressful situations.
- Work with colleagues to provide outstanding service to guests.
- Read, understand, interpret, and make decisions regarding information found in a variety of related reports, financial statements, and other internal and external correspondence.
- Possess strong working knowledge of hotel operations and front office management as well as a strong working knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Ability to negotiate with confidence and to persuasively resolve guest issues.
- Communicate and counsel colleagues as necessary.
- Ability to handle cash register and make monetary transactions with 100% accuracy.
- Compose and express thoughts, both verbally and in writing, in a clear, professional manner to ensure effective communications.
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Organize oneself, one’s work, and the efforts of others and be attentive to detail.
- Make effective judgments on the various components of the position and the property and to effectively solve guest and operational problems.
High School Diploma. At least 1 year of supervisory experience in customer service, preferably in a hotel environment.
Please apply online at www.jhmhotels.com for full consideration and to learn more about the position.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify employer. All applicants are subject to a background and substance abuse screening prior to any offers of employment.