Front Office Supervisor
The Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel is seeking a Front Office Supervisor to join our team. Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury, 556 room hotel with 50,000 square feet meeting space. For more information about the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/chicago-ohare-hotel.
Front Office Supervisor oversees daily agent activities at the front desk and ensures all Team Members are adhering to the company standards. Interacts with the guest and handles all guest requests.
More specifically, Front Office Supervisor
- Ensures that Front Desk Agents are friendly, professional, and efficient during registration and checkout of hotel guests.
- Assists Front Desk Agents, and Room Controllers in satisfying guest requests and resolving guest complaints
- Trained and skilled to perform all Front Desk, Rooms Control, Reservations, and Star Service functions as needed based on operational demands
- Prints reports to monitor guest balances and notifies guests with over limit accounts.
- Assists agents and handles guest requests.
- Maintains sufficient supply levels on all office supplies pertinent to the front office.
- Check for duplicate reservations on a daily basis
- Reviews group resumes to verify special requests directed towards the front office and to have knowledge of daily group activities.
- Prints reports requested by groups and deliver them on time as requested.
- Answers telephone expediently and addresses complaints, problems, special requests and non-related desk questions, making sure to log phone complaints and requests
- Familiarity with daily hotel occupancy reports, status of available rooms, etc.
- Clear all due out rooms and housekeeping discrepancies.
- Constantly monitor available room types and instruct agents on which types of rooms to offer guests as upgrades.
- Manages sold out nights.
- Attends daily revenue meetings.
- Knows the inventory and manages it.
- Builds excellent relationship with group meeting planners.
- Represents the hotel and the company in and outside of work.
- Ensures adherence to all Loews Hotels Star Service standards
Other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field or exceptionally strong technical and service skills.
Experience: Minimum two years experience as Front Desk Agent at a comparable quality property.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V