Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Front Desk Manager to join our team. The Front Desk Manager will work closely with the hotel’s front office team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Managing the day to day operations of the entire Front Office
* Managing rooms
* Scheduling and training staff
* Coaching & counseling
* Ensuring the highest levels of guest satisfaction are in compliance with company standards.
* Resolving customer complaints
* Anticipating potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and associate performance
* Liaise with Front Office staff to discuss and implement strategies to continually improve customer satisfaction, occupancy levels and revenues.
* Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of hotel operations.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively select, motivate, develop and retain staff.
* Ability to manage change effectively with clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
* Team building effectiveness with superb organizational skills to include time management, delegation and managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Good knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office Programs; diplomacy skills and ability to build effective relationships.
* Ability to walk and stand for hours at a time.
* Possess drive to create a fun, rewarding and professional work environment.
* Ability to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity; must be able to sit, stand and walk for hours at a time.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
* College degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Valid Driver’s License or CDL required
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER