Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Manages all Front Office operations to ensure outstanding guest service and financial
profitability. Builds and manages teams effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Manages all Front Office operations (may include guest service and registration,
room inventory and availability, PBX/communications, and bell operations.)
Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to
achieve results. Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental
2. Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and
selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in management
training. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives any
required training or attends mandatory meetings.
3. Monitors and develops team member performance to include, but not limited to,
providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and
delivering recognition and reward.
4. Monitors and assesses service and satisfaction trends, evaluates and addresses
issues and makes improvements accordingly.
5. Initiates and implements up-selling techniques to promote services and facilities
to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue.
6. Ensures team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services,
facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events.
Ensures staff is kept informed about policies and procedures.
7. Resolves customer complaints and anticipates potential problems by reviewing
and monitoring complaints, operational issues, business flow and team member
performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality. Notifies
Management and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing
items, or alleged theft.
8. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to
manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in
emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to
your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care
of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team
member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or
equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict
compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes
self with current MSDS.
9. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Makes merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Determines
promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
2. Approves leave and time away from work within company policy. Enters
schedules and monitors timecards for accuracy.
3. Responds to emergency calls and ensures operational support areas are
covered to provide excellent customer service.
4. Monitors and maintains the Front Office systems and equipment to ensure their
5. Runs and analyzes various reports to monitor customer satisfaction, occupancy,
revenue, competitive situations, etc.
6. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any
equipment and any accidents.
7. Attends all required meetings.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality
2. Five or more years related Front Office experience and one year as
Supervisor/Assistant Manager in similar setting.
3. Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing
training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides
a high level of guest satisfaction.
4. Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions
commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
5. Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests
of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the
purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest
6. Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
7. Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to
record, store and analyze information.
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult
guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
9. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand
instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
10. Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
11. Completes all required training as scheduled.
12. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
13. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an E-verify and equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D.