Front Office Manager - Homewood Suites El Paso
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Front Office Manager maintains high quality services and products offered to guests through management of reservations, guest registration, and telephone services in order to maintain established operational standards and maximize hotel profits. Motivates subordinates to achieve the highest level of room sales at the highest possible rate. Assures that all areas of the hotel under their purview (Front Desk, all hotel public areas, guest rooms, laundry, maintenance area, maid closets, etc.) meet established building cleanliness and repair to standards established in QA inspection scores. Assures that associates in Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance departments always project a positive and professional image.
* Directly supervises the Front Desk staff and department operations (e.g. hiring, terminating, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations). Schedules subordinates, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
* Assigns duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
* Assures maximum guest service through training, including but not limited to: hotel amenities, the local area, shopping, dining, entertaining, current groups and banquet functions.
* Monitors Revenue Management systems to ensure the hotel is positioned as a market leader in RevPAR.
* Selects or assists in the selection of hotel staff and completes all new hire paperwork.
* Reviews employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations.
* Maintains accurate records including cash flow sheet, direct bill accounts, credit card receipts, registration cards, reservation cards, direct bills, credit cards, and IRS.
* Conducts or assists in conducting staff meetings.
* Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
* Receives and resolves or assists in resolving guest complaints and employee issues.
* Performs functions of the General Manager in their absence.
* Covers shifts in all departments as scheduled by the General Manager
* Corresponds with group and travel agents to answer special requests for rooms and rates
* 2 year(s): Hotel or equivalent manager
* Associates or better
* HILTON ONQ
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS
* HILTON EXPERIENCE
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
* Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
* Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
See job description