Front Office Manager - Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Chicago Notth Evanston
Location: US - IL - Evanston
Manages all duties of the front desk operation, with a focus of providing excellent customer service. Responsible for staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. Maximizes revenue through cost control and proper front desk techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure staff provides excellent guest services
- Hire, train, coach, and discipline staff
- Determine work procedures and prepares work schedules to ensure the smooth operation of the front desk
- Empower staff to successfully handle guest needs, special requests, and complaints
- Ensure all guest service issues are resolved prior to guests leaving the property.
- Train staff on proper reservation procedures, including successful selling techniques, current specials and/or promotions, and rate structures
- Effectively communicate and maintain teamwork among all hotel departments and Hotel Manager
- Strive to be innovative in new programs designed to maximize efficiency and increase productivity
- Perform administrative and financial duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, accounts receivables, rooming lists, and office supply inventory
- Manage departmental expenses within budgeted guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years experience at front desk with complete understanding of front office operations. Previous experience in hospitality management preferred.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintaining instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees or the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instruction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Payroll systems; Internet software; Project Management software; and Database software.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Superior customer service and public relations skills. Excellent organization and time management skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to have close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.