Front Office Manager
The Mark Hotel
Location: US - NY - New York
All front office personnel including guest reception, and bell staffs.
To assume full responsibility for the management of the day-to-day and long-term hotel guest reception, reservations and telephone service operations, while maintaining established revenue, expense and quality standards. To work with the Director of Front Office to ensure an efficient operation that provides levels of service that consistently exceeds visitor, guest and ownership expectations. The individual must be hospitality oriented, with the ability to resolve customer issues, complaints, and problems in a quick, efficient manner and continuously improve the hotel's ability to anticipate our guest's needs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Active interaction with guests: make sure that guests are welcomed, checked in and allocated rooms quickly and politely.
- Being available at all times to handle issues or complaints.
- To uphold effective communication between front office staff with other departments (ie: housekeeping and reservations).
- To make sure that all charges are correctly entered on the guest's bill and that this is up to date at all times.
- To ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior approval and that written confirmation, purchase orders, or order numbers are on file.
- To make sure that accounts are balanced daily.
- To make sure effective and speedy check-out procedures.
- To make sure that luggage is delivered to and collected from rooms in a timely manner.
- To make sure that inquiries, messages, and bookings are dealt with courteously and efficiently.
- To make sure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- To make sure that all Front of House staff are correctly dressed at all times.
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
- To make sure that all Front of House areas are clean and orderly at all times.
- To make sure that newspapers and parcels are delivered to rooms without delay.
- To provide accurate and timeliness submission of all reports and administrative work.
- To continually develop original and fresh techniques to enhance the guest service by monitoring trends within the industry and making suggestions how these could be implemented.
Qualifications / Job Requirements
- At least two years of previous experience in a supervisory capacity in a related hotel position.
- Experience with Opera preferred.
- Guest Relations experience preferred.
- Must have strong tact and communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with senior managers, team members and guests.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills a must; second language is desirable
- This position requires a flexible schedule based on business demands.
- Ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational skills, including effective task delegation, time management and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong skills for analysis and problem-solving.
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to hire, train, coach, guide, reward and develop staff; with emphasis on continuous improvement in guest service quality.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong administrative skills, to include business writing, mathematics for basic accounting and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Union experience preferred.