Personal and comfortable, with all the luxury amenities you'd ever want. The only hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Washington, we're only three miles from the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell and just fifteen minutes east of Seattle. That means we're minutes from where you need to be, but far from the everyday.
We have two extraordinary lakeside restaurants. State-of-the art business facilities. Unsurpassed views of the lake, Seattle skyline and the Olympic Mountains beyond. Northwest tranquility in the Northwest Face Spa at the Woodmark. And then there's our incredible staff. Woodmark employees are warm, approachable and anticipate your every need. We love to delight with extra touches to make your stay special: martini bars in every room, garden sculptures adorning our lakeside esplanade and our famous complimentary "Raid the Pantry" every night. And while you're a guest here, you're also a member of the Woodmark Yacht Club, which means access to private parties, kayaking and boat tours of Washington Lake aboard the Woodmark II, our 1956 Chris Craft.
Truth is, our idyllic location on Lake Washington makes everything more serene. A corporate retreat re-energizes your staff. A family reconnects on a sunset kayaking trip. A lakeside wedding becomes forever. Hugely popular for corporate events, weddings and important family occasions, the Woodmark Hotel & Spa is ultimately a place where guests feel at home, and home is on the shores of Lake Washington. Please join us.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership, guidance and support to the front desk team in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent, memorable first impression. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for the hotel.Essential Functions
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact, coordinate and communicate through daily pre-shift meetings with all team members of high guest impact areas (i.e. reservations, guest services, housekeeping, etc.) to ensure a smooth arrival through departure experience for all guests
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of all services/features, hours of operations, room types, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Champion, promote and successfully track departmental and organizational initiatives e.g. upsell programs, Destination Delivers Program, etc.
- Ensure front desk agents properly complete required checklist items at the end of each shift
- Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules