Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Director of Operations, General Manager
The manager will be required to work day and/or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends depending on business in the hotel.
- Understand the mission, vision and game plan of the hotel.
- Strong leadership skills and has the ability to apply them.
- Establish goals and objectives to improve the department.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and spirit.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- FRONT OFFICE
- Establishes standards, policies and procedures for the Front Office staff.
- Handles guest complaints and requests. Resolve issues in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and the hotel.
- Work with Sales and Revenue managers regarding guests and groups.
- Complete weekly, monthly and annual reports as necessary.
- Attends training seminars to perfect Front Office techniques and procedures and enhance supervisory skills.
- Assists Front Desk Agents with duties when necessary to provide excellent guest service.
- STAFF MANAGEMENT
- Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior.
- Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
- Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Communicate daily with department managers and MOD and pass on pertinent information.
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
- Supervise the staff and handle any associate situation.
- Properly handle all administrative work with regard to interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals and terminations of staff.
- Select qualified, goal and service oriented individuals and develop these individuals with clear guidelines to associates.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Maintain close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Prepare and post weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department. Ensure Service Excellence Standards are in place.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Prepare payroll.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these.
- Assist the Department Manager in the training all new employees, and on going training of existing employees, including cross training for all positions. Use employee training documentation to record all areas of training completed and turn them into Human Resources to be included in the employee file.
- Facilitate new hire training.
- Facilitate departmental training modules; continually monitor, evaluate, and revise training content to reflect changes in the process; address the needs identified by associates.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the department.
- Prepare and control hotel budget for the department.
- Monitor departmental, payroll and supply expenses in accordance with budgetary goals.
- Holds department meetings and attends inter-departmental meetings.
- Conduct inspections of work areas regularly and address items that need attention.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Participate in Hotel Manager on Duty Program.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Associates or better in Business Management or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (valid)