Front Office Manager
Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria - Old Town
Location: US - VA - Alexandria
Recently renovated Holiday Inn Old Town is currently seeking for a Front Office Manager.
A Key Participant in the Mission to deliver service in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner, the FOM Plans, manages, coordinates, monitors, measures and acts upon all facets of the Front Office and the activities of associates in guest registration/check out, transportation, bell services, sundry shop, telephone services, night audit and security to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. The position serves as the Leader for the Front Office – the guest’s first, and usually most frequent contact, and as such is instrumental in revenue maximization, customer satisfaction, promoting repeat guests, and influencing the property’s and the company’s reputation in the community. Often viewed as “Command Central” the Front Office must be thoroughly trained and able to efficiently perform all emergency-related functions and duties while always “on stage.”
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the front desk and housekeeping and associated functions. Ensure adherence to established procedures for all related activities by all supervised functions and personnel. Ensure compliance with all Brand Standards of Operations including all Guest Satisfaction programs.
• Oversee and participate in guest registration and check out.
• Carry out activities (night audit review, setting up group billing, making forecasts, controlling and placing orders for supplies, cross departmental communication) required for smooth functioning of the Front Office.
• Maintain correct procedures for hotel accounting, credit control and handling of financial transactions.
• Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the rooms department. Investigate deviations from budget and take immediate corrective action.
• Analyze and generate reports and communicate information to employees and appropriate departments.
• Assemble, track and interpret financial and operational plans for the rooms department, to include the annual hotel budget.
• Assist revenue management with the implementation and execution of programs to ensure that the hotel’s room occupancy and Average Daily Rate objectives are met.
• Ensure proper care, maintenance and security of departmental furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
• Champion the use of HOST™. Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and insures that appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain procedures for safety and security of guests, associates and hotel property. Ensure that all staff are trained and well prepared for emergency situations.
• Follow company policies and procedures and effectively communicate them to subordinates.
• Aggressively recruit and staff department, using company-hiring standards (i.e. behavioral questioning, reference checks, evaluations and team interviews).
• Motivate and celebrate associate success.
• Conduct daily departmental NETMAs.
• Conduct or facilitate training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
• Coach and Counsel as needed and document all performance related discussions and actions.
• Support all Hotel, Company and/or Brand initiated Guest and Associate Programs (i.e. Catch Me at My Best, Ollie Awards, Heart of the House Olympics, etc.)
• Actively participate in all hotel level meetings, programs, Task Forces, training in which attendance required/requested.
• Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
• Have Knowledge of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation.
• Within scope of authority, ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including EEOC and Wage and Hour laws.
• Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts if required.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to handle cash and credit transactions. Must possess thorough knowledge of all guest services department operations and individual job requirements. Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills required. Computer literacy and financial management a must. Ability to resolve guest, supervisor and employee conflicts. Able to effectively manage multiple tasks at all times.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
NOTE: This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Must have Hotel Experienced in a similar role
Experienced leading others
Experienced with IHG Property Management System
Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays.