To direct and control operation of the front office and coordinate activities in order to obtain
optimal room occupancy and revenue. To oversee all activities of the front office to ensure high
standards of guest service and accuracy in all phases of the operation.
* Ensure proper staffing levels of Front Desk Clerks by assisting General Manager in
preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards,
disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
* Assist the General Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual.
* Communicate with the Housekeeping Department regarding guest rooms and requests.
* Communicate with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests
from the guests.
* Check AM and PM discrepancy reports.
* Have complete working knowledge of Front Office system, including all daily
transactions and those which are not performed often.
* Accurately manage and operate the reservation system and assist with reservations, when
* Accurately and efficiently manage and perform all of the front desk functions to include
Bell Attendant, Valet Attendant, PBX Operator, Front Desk Clerk, Reservationist, etc.
* Assist Front Desk Clerks by cordially checking guests in and out of the hotel.
* Know how and where to accurately post all charges.
* Accurately manage cash handling including receiving money from guest for payment of
hotel charges and making correct change.
* Handle checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges in
accordance with management company’s accounting and credit procedures.
* Know and accurately quote all of the room rates using upselling/yield management
techniques per company policy.
* Greet guests cordially and promptly and professionally check with guests in and out of
* Give clear and accurate directions to hotel facilities, rooms and local area attractions.
* Understand and be able to train new associates on night audit procedures, if required.
* Meet budget by performing within the guidelines.
* Participate in the following:
a. monthly department meetings
b. property M.O.D. Program
c. weekly staff meetings
d. daily line up meetings
* Remove safety hazards.
* Perform job duties of associates who do not report to work until substitute associate
* Efficiently operate telephone system, answering all incoming calls within 3 rings.
* Supervise the Night Audit staff in the absence of the Controller.
* Supervise the Reservations Department where applicable.
* Implement and maintain Remington Club and Stay & Learn Programs.
* Able to communicate accurately and effectively in verbal and written form with guests
and associates so as to respond accurately and completely to people to give directions,
instructions, information, answer questions and provide service as required.
* Portray leadership and provide training, development and guidance to the Front Office
* Properly handle guest complaints and/or concerns.
* Understand and be able to quickly and efficiently operate the computers and software.
* Sit, stand or walk varying lengths of time, sometimes or long periods.
* Use arithmetic to check totals and make change.
* Read maps and give clear and accurate directions.
* Push and pull bell cart weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
* Possess valid driver’s license and safely drive a shuttle van. Have proof of safe driving
record as indicated by a copy of Motor Vehicle Record, per company’s Risk Management
* Memorize the hours or operation for the hotel facilities.
* Lift and carry approximately fifty (50) pounds.
* Know and administer first aid.
* Direct evacuations in an emergency.
* Operate emergency equipment.
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Health Benefits;401k
Management Position: Yes
Hiring Contact: Jenner Sampton
Contact Title: Director of Human Resources
Phone: (707) 204-6005
Fax: (707) 204-6006
Address: 6526 Yount Street , Yountville, CA, 94599, US