Front Office Manager
Responsible for the smooth, efficient operation of the front desk and PBX areas.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Assist the General Manager with personnel functions as directed, e.g. interviewing, training, performance evaluations, resolving problems, providing open communication and recommending discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business. Act as role model for guest service agents in providing superior guest service. Be at the front desk to assist GSA’s during periods of heavy traffic.
- Ensure both guest and associate recognition programs are in place and functioning as incentives.
- Initiate monthly meetings in the department. Attends staff meetings, operations meetings, forecast meetings and sales strategy meetings.
- Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the front desk to comply with hotel and company policies and procedures, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
- Schedule, supervise and train the guest service agents.
- Control costs effectively to meet budget guidelines. Implement control system for labor and other controllable costs.
- Abide by all PM Hotel Group accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for GSA’s and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situations. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
· Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Hilton Hotel Experience preferred but not necessary
Hotel Experience any brand preferred
Prior Management experience preferred