Front Office Manager
Delta Hotel By Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites
Location: US - IL - Glenview
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing all Front Office Operations and Breakfast Area as well as assisting in Housekeeping and Meeting Services when and where needed. Directing and supervising the daily operational activities of the hotel's Front Desk and Breakfast operations within the established guidelines to brand standards, while ensuring profitability, cost controls, and total guest satisfaction.
- Assigns duties and shifts to workers and observes performances to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Supports and encourages a teamwork environment.
- Communicates with managers on a consistent basis.
- Follows up on guest complaints and responds to guest comments through the brand.
- Schedules to ensure proper coverage at peak times, and monitors hours closely during slower times to control labor costs.
- Ensures team members are in proper uniform with nametag.
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are in place and that team members are trained properly on this.
- Cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Greets VIP guests.
- Patrols public areas, investigates disturbances, and warns troublemakers.
- May receive and process advance registration payments.
- May send out letters of confirmation or return checks when registration cannot be accepted.
- Checks and controls room reservations, front office systems, and supplies inventory.
- Communicates with guests and employees both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Enforces established policies and procedures for Alliance Hospitality Management and the hotel’s brand.
- May be required to work a varying schedule.
- Assists in check-in / check-out of guests or any related guest service activity.
- Perform room inspections which requires bending, stooping, reaching overhead and moving throughout guest floors.
- Able to assist in Housekeeping for opening and closing procedures.
- Monitors Guest Scores.
- Ensures the hotel's Breakfast Program is in place and to brand standard.
- Monitors inventories for breakfast area as well as the hotel sundry shop.
- Provides assistance in the all operational areas of the hotel on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for following instructions and performing work as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Marriott experience prefered.
Must have thorough knowledge of all operating departments including rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering, accounting, sales, food and beverage for limited service hotel operations.
Must have considerable knowledge of computer systems for guest registration, reservations, reporting and etc.
Must have above average financial comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
Must have thorough supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
Must have the ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and throughout the organization.
Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, and resolve conflicts.
Must be well groomed in uniform or business attire.
Must be trained in CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.