JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of a Front Office Manager is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for service.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall guest service of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Front Desk operation
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy
- Supervises day to day activities of front desk, bell, and van drivers staff
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides outstanding customer service and teamwork
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
- Prepares payroll and schedules are required; monitors actual vs. budget payroll activities
- Works side by side with front desk associates when necessary to provide outstanding guest service; works scheduled Manager on Duty shifts on a weekly basis
- Coordinates Front Desk work with other departments: Housekeeping, Engineering, Banquets, etc
- Participates in daily Yield Management Meetings
- Insures that all employees follow safety rules and procedures and takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work area
- Coordinates the collection and submission of hotel news to the quarterly JHM Hotels Associate newsletter
- Maintains proper front desk supplies inventory, conducts inventories as assigned and recommends purchase of products (remaining within budget)
- Confers closely with GM/AGM at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required
College degree in Hotel Administration; 2-3 years hotel management/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
NOTE: TO APPLY, COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER: http://www.jhmhotels.com/springhill-suites-ft-lauderdale-front-office-manager/