Front Office Leader
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Assist the Front Office Manager, ensuring the efficient, effective and cohesive flow of activities that create excellent guest experiences through personal presence and supervision of colleagues working in Front Office, Front Door, Bell Desk and Service Centre. Ensure application of core quality practices, maximizing the Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a high deal of integrity, provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to Guests and Colleagues in providing true Shangri-La hospitality from caring family.
- Inspire a high level of creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and a sense of genuine care.
- Supervise Colleagues and effectively coach, train, organize, motivate, communicate and recognize, as fitting.
- Work in conjunction with Colleagues and maintain hands-on involvement in all aspects of the night time operation, assist where the need is greatest and as required.
- Manage and maintain a secure Hotel environment.
- Be fully versed with statutory, fire, legal, health and safety procedures and take control in the event of a crisis.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of the hotel and oversee the accounts receivables.
- Ensure that all requested reports are completed and submitted punctually and accurately.
- Balance Front Office credit cards and ascertain proper settlement.
- Involved in up-selling strategies and walk-in strategies at the Front Desk.
- Build positive relationships and maintain familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and expertise on Shangri-La hospitality standards.
- As true service Ambassador, represent the “face of Shangri-La Toronto,” and interact with guests to meet service expectations proactively and build customer loyalty through recognition.
- Handle guest complaints and perform “Duty Manager” responsibilities.
- Work closely with Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and all other departments involved during night time including outside contractors.
- Display positive & passionate attitude towards accomplishment of departmental goals and achievements.
- Encourage open communication channels amongst the team.
- Utilize available technology and equipment to maximize business solutions and opportunities.
- Maintain a high level of productivity & cost efficiency within the department.
- Is conversant with Front Office Procedures, ensuring that all accounting processes are followed at all times.
- Consistently finds opportunities to improve or upgrade our standards and “Overall Stay Experience” scores for the department and the Hotel.
- Review guest profiles and ensure special requests are highlighted to all relevant departments for the required follow-up.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere and outgoing nature, leading by positive example to strive for service excellence and warm hospitality.
- Detail oriented – Strong organization, multitasking and time management skills.
- Operational expertise –Demonstrates strong knowledge of Shangri-La service deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Decision making- Prompt, sound, reasonable and clear decision making.
- Problem solving –adept at juggling multiple needs, collaboration within strong network of contacts to creatively and successfully resolve problems.
- Strong leadership - Inspires employee commitment, loyalty and motivation through progressive supervisory practices that foster teamwork, safety, open communication, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy & humility.
- Coaches and mentors – Fosters a climate of continuous learning and growth.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, including Windows based programs and PDA technology.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity within an international world-class hotel or service organizations.
- Degree or diploma in Hospitality Management (completed or in-progress).
- Required to work weekends, and/or holidays.