Front Office Agent (Part-Time)
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay, maximizing Associate, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a high degree of identity and strives to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests, providing Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Rotate between shifts in Front Office, Service Centre, handling guest arrival and departures, guest telephone inquiries and in-house shopping purchases.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants, events, and Shangri-La hospitality standards.
- As true Service Associates, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
- Welcome guests at airport and communicate effectively with the hotel.
- Perform check-in and escort guests to their rooms in accordance with core practices.
- Perform cashier duties and check-out procedures.
- Take part in room inspection process.
- Ensure that all requests are prepared prior to guest arrival.
- Assist in handling of guest complaints and ensure that proper follow up takes place.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Detail oriented – Care and attention to details in a multi-tasking environment.
- Functional Knowledge – Familiarity with 5 star expectations for Front Desk, Reservations and Service Center procedures, systems and protocol.
- Operational Competence – Familiarity with/ability to learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Communication – 100% English language proficiency, other languages useful.
- Decision making – Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving – Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, including Windows based programs and PDA technology.
Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity within an international world-class hotel of 4 stars or greater.
Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience an asset.
Required to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must have valid Canadian work permit to be eligible.