Front Desk Supervisor - Sheraton Madison
Location: US - WI - Madison
Front Desk Supervisor
The Front Desk Supervisor assists in the overall supervision of the Front Desk by developing and implementing strategies and services which meet the needs of owners, associates and guests. This role is accountable for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel and providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests' stay.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Front Office Manager in the supervision and operation of the front office and related areas:
- Create the first impression by supervising the door, bell, parking, van service, concierge and front office areas.
- Help to implement processes and procedures for assigned departments which support achievement of service and financial goals.
- Prepare and analyze reports in order to develop an informative database for decision making and to communicate upcoming business throughout the hotel.
- Ensure front desk handles billing and cash in accordance with hotel’s standards and Waterton policies/procedures.
- Assist in the coordination of hotel housing activities by working closely with Sales,
- Catering, Housekeeping, Maintenance and other departments.
- Create guest satisfaction by providing associates with the training and resources they need to maximize associate engagement and deliver exceptional service and teamwork:
- Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional service to associates.
- Ensure that associates provide exceptional genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
- Seek opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking guest feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services.
- Provide associates with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver exceptional service and teamwork.
- Participate in gift shop inventories as necessary (or applicable).
- Maintain accurate par levels and inventory of supplies and equipment within the department.
- Maintain good working relations with preferred vendors of the hotel and ensure adherence to policies and, all codes and regulations.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Be a leader and a role model to all associates.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as outlined in the Waterton SOPs.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be proficient in computer skills. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) programs.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
- Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other associates performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- Demonstrate ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate associates to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year of related hotel front desk experience required. At least six months of supervisory experience preferred. Experience in a similarly sized hotel/rooms operation highly desired.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO