At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 years college education preferred
- 2 years experience in a guest services role at a Hotel or Resort
- At least one year Supervisory Experience in a hotel or resort.
- Consistently exceed guest expectations related to service and delivery.
- Previous experience at a 4-star or equivalent property preferred.
- Computer and telephone skills necessary.
- Lead and inspire all employees to work to their highest capabilities in order to achieve the highest possible standards.
- Uphold philosophy and values of owner and Benchmark Hospitality.
- Train and develop the Guest Services Staff to exceed expectations and provide flawless, consistent service.
- Encourage good guest relations. Be available at peak business times and for special guests. Work very closely with VIP's. Meet, greet, and see to the comfort of all guests.
- Possess knowledge of budgetary process, billing and purchasing.
- Establish liaisons with and provide special attention to key clients.
- Maintain good rapport with every department, and ensure all communications between departments are seamless.
- Understand owner and management company objectives.
- Recommend discipline actions to Hotel Manager for department including coaching and counseling when necessary.
- Implement and support programs to enhance product and service at a four-diamond level with a five star attitude.
- Direct programs for training and development of the employee staff so that all areas of the operation are supervised properly and are geared to perform to the best advantage.
- Institute a program of regular inspections to see that standards are maintained for all parking/valet, bell stand, and guest service operations.
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport between all employees.
- Assist in employee development and succession planning for all guest service staff.
- Maintain safety and security standards and ensure all guest services staff are properly trained to handle emergency situations.
- Develops and implements procedures to improve operations.
- Responds to calls and questions from owners, guests, employees and departments.
- Provides customer service to guests, owners, employees and departments.
LEADERSHIP & MANAGERIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong community relationship
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the guest services department to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire employees to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Build morale and spirit.
- Participative management style.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.