Join the most recognizable hotel brand in the world. Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort is looking for talented, passionate people interested in hotel industry careers in Hollywood, Florida. From the front desk to our event planning team, we offer rewarding careers and jobs at our hotel in Hollywood where you will be inspired to reach your professional and personal goals.
The Front Desk Supervisor supervises the operation of the front desk to maintain the highest productivity, employee morale, and guest service as possible.
• Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of food and beverage items.
• Extensive knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up.
• Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers and employees.
• Maintain strong client relations and ensure that conference specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
• Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
• Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e., room block, cut-off date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with client via turnover letter.
• Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
• Produce and distribute convention resume two weeks prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
• Distribute BEOs for group and affiliates.
• Accurately forecast group rooms and group food and beverage revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business.
• Check sleeping room and suite block, special room concessions and rates as outlined in contract with group reservations agents, as well as updating group reservations agents with any changes.
• Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming groups and potential affiliate business.
• Verify credit information submitted in account management software system at point of turnover, to include estimated amount of billing, billing type, and appropriate contact and update information as necessary until departure.
• Participate in pre/post-conference meetings and review bill with client.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Schedule flexibility with ability to work weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests' interests and needs are always primary.
• Able to train and inspire team.
• Extremely detail oriented and organized.
• Refined verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience using Microsoft Office and general computer operations required. Prior experience with OPERA preferred.
• Ability to Set the tone for others in stressful situations by responding in a cool, calm, and collected way.
• Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, and effective in providing exceptional customer service.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 25 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Two (2) to three (3) years of supervisory experience, with at least one year experience at the front desk.
Licenses or Certificates
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Chesapeake Hospitality Standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Benefits : : 401k, Major Medical Insurance, Vison, Dental, Short Term D