Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the town of Del Mar, L'Auberge Del Mar is the perfect place to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. After a $26 million renovation introducing award-winning dining options and a cheerful and cozy spa, we're proud to say that the sea has never been this sweet.
Our most important priority is to make L'Auberge Del Mar a successful, enjoyable and progressive place to work. Our associates are our greatest assets and we pledge our best efforts to ensure that every associate is respected as an integral part of the L'Auberge team. Our commitment to excellence ensures a level of service that consistently anticipates and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Our associates take a pro-active approach to provide consistently high standards of personal and attentive service to our guests. L'Auberge embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and nurture an environment where our associates create better ways to do things. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, 401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions, career development programs, exceptional training programs , amenity discounts, Destination Hotel and Resorts discounts, complimentary meals and parking, opportunities for promotion from within, holiday dinner parties, associate recognition programs, associate opinion surveys, paid vacations and holidays. If you want to be challenged, make a difference, and experience a sense of accomplishment, we invite you to learn more about our exciting employment opportunities.
Job OverviewThis position will provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership, guidance and support to the front desk team in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent, memorable first impression. The Front Desk Supervisor is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and property standards and serve as an ambassador for the property.Essential Functions
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact, coordinate and communicate through daily pre-shift meetings with all team members of high guest impact areas (i.e. reservations, guest services, housekeeping, etc.) to ensure a smooth arrival through departure experience for all guests
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of: all hotel features/services, hours of operations, room types, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Champion, promote and successfully track departmental and organizational initiatives e.g. upsell programs, Destination Delivers Program, etc.
- Ensure front desk agents properly complete required checklist items at the end of each shift
- Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent hotel data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules