Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
1. Understand the mission, vision and game plan of the hotel.
2. Strong leadership skills and has the ability to apply them.
3. Establish goals and objectives to improve the department.
4. Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
5. Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned.
6. Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
7. Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
8. Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and spirit.
10. Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
11. Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
12. Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
13. Ability to take and give direction.
14. Ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Front DeSK
1. Welcome and register guests expeditiously, provide information to guests as needed, obtain identification and credit/check approval as directed by hotel policy. Verify rate and departure date. Confirm and modify information required to complete the registration process per hotel procedures.
2. Check departing guests out of the hotel as per hotel procedures.
3. Sell guest rooms, food & beverage outlets and seasonal hotel promotions.
4. Review Front Desk log when coming on shift and record pertinent information as needed throughout shift.
5. Post charges to individual room or master account.
6. Complete tasks on daily checklist.
7. Communicate with other hotel departments to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
8. Adhere to guest safe deposit box procedures.
9. Adhere to policies regarding handling of employee’s cash bank.
10. Reconcile all charges and cash received during shift.
11. Complete other duties as assigned.
12. Sell Sheraton Rewards Program to guests.
13. Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par.
14. Process mail, messages, faxes and packages.
15. Assist At Your Service as needed in answering phones.
16. Responsible for knowledge of groups and functions in the Hotel on a daily basis.
17. Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
18. Ensures total guest satisfaction.
1. Staff Management
1. Hold a pre-shift meeting with staff prior to reporting to stations.
2. Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
3. Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
4. Communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information.
5. Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and assist the department manager in providing feedback. Reward, discipline and document associate performance and provide timely counseling. Address associate complaints and resolve problems.
6. Supervise the staff and handle associate situations.
7. Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
8. Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
9. Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
10. Assist department manager in maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
11. Assist in the preparation of weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
12. Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department. Ensure Service Excellence Standards are in place.
13. Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
14. Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
15. Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
16. Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
17. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
18. Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
19. Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
1. Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
2. Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these procedures.
3. Assist the department manager with implementing the proper training program.
4. Assist with new hire training.
1. Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for associates.
2. Attends department meetings and as needed, attends interdepartmental meetings.
3. Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
4. Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
5. Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
6. Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
1. High school graduate. College degree preferred.
2. Must have 1-2 years Hotel Front Desk/Guest Service experience.
3. Minimum six months supervisory experience or one year comparable front desk, hospitality or related experience is preferred.
1. Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, correspondence and memos.
2. Ability to communicate verbally (including telephone contact) with Guests, management and co-workers.
1. Previous computer experience required.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
2. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
2. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret basic technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
1. Prepare payroll as needed.
2. Receive advance deposits at the desk for future reservations and process as per policy.
3. Fill in as an AYS agent as necessary.
The frequency codes assigned in these job descriptions are:
Rarely less than 1%
STANDING/WALKING: Constantly on a variety of surfaces (carpet, tile, granite, etc.)
CROUCHING (BENDING AT KNEES): Occasionally. Lifting and completing tasks performed at low levels.
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele.email@example.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the