Front Desk Supervisor
Be the "face" of the hotel! Create a great first impression as you greet and welcome guests upon arrival and allow them to leave with a smile as you wish them a fond farewell. The right candidate for this very important role will be friendly, outgoing, professional, have a positive demeanor and excellent communication skills. You should be able to delegate effectively, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of issues and have good problem solving skills. Responsibilities will include registering guests into the computer, verifying their reservation, address and credit information, promoting the Marriott Rewards Program while providing recognition and benefits to all present members, and accepting payments for guests' accounts both at time of registration and checkout. As a Front Desk Supervisor, you will assign specific tasks to Front Desk Agents as applicable and necessary as well as provide ongoing training and support to Front Desk Agents. You will also control entrance of safety deposit boxes, maintain all front desk related equipment and supplies as well as oversee the daily operation of the front desk; becoming an integral part of the guest's hotel stay. The Front Desk Supervisor will orchestrate and expedite the registration and checkout process at the front desk. Oversee the daily operation of the front desk. Greet and welcome guests upon arrival. Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout. Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily. Supervise and support the front desk agents by providing the essential tools and guidance to ensure complete guest satisfaction and the smooth, efficient operation of the department. Ensure the correct sequence of events for proper registration and checkout of guests are being followed. Assign specific tasks to front desk agents relative to credit, missing addresses, registration bucket maintenance, registration cards, posting charges, and overall cleanliness and organization of the front desk.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Maintain a daily log of all guests' opportunities with corrective action steps. Follow up on any unresolved situations in a timely manner and pass on appropriate information to other Managers for handling.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage based on Union benefits upon required hours, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
High school or equivalent education required.
-Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays. High school or equivalent education required.
-Two years of previous hotel experience required.
- 1-2 years of Supervisory experience preferred, hotel experience required
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
*This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
*On site attendance required.