KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise Front Desk Department:
▪ Enter all data, group data when AGM/FOM is unavailable.
▪ Ensure Department complies with key control procedures
▪ Coordinate and manage wait list.
▪ Assist with billing inquires, credit card retrievals, charge backs and no-show
▪ Ensure Front Office Employees follow proper cash / check / credit card/ AR
control procedures when FOM/AGM is unavailable.
▪ Manage movie distribution and inventory if applicable.
▪ Ensure proper procedures are in place for guest safety deposit boxes.
▪ Create cleaning schedule and special project list for all areas of responsibility.
▪ Coordinate guest request for grocery shopping.
▪ Review Emergency Procedures Binder and ensure it is kept at the Front Desk
▪ Utilize Guests Request/Complaint Log to address and track performance.
deficiencies and train staff on necessary skills and Pillars.
Providing Sales Support by:
▪ Handle sales calls and property tours as needed
Document poor work performance, failure to follow procedures and policies and
share with AGM/FOM in a timely manner.
Be on-call once, and occasionally twice a week, (on call time will be scheduled on the
regular work schedule): Responsible for answering questions, by telephone, from the
front desk employees. Must be able to work a shift, including Night Audit, if an
employee is unable to work during your on call day. This means you are within 45
minutes commute to the hotel and not intoxicated during your on call time. (As of
1/2010 Front Desk Supervisors will receive a $5/month cell phone allowance through
Follow through on any additional requests by supervisor or GM
Exceed Guest Expectations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
Excellent relationship building skills: ability to engage guests and employees
Knowledgeable about your Property’s layout, facilities and services and the local area, including attractions and amenities so that you can answer questions from Guests.
Excellent training skills
Eye for detail
Strong computer skills,
2 years hotel front desk experience preferred
Creative problem solving skills, especially when handling guest issues
Energetic, Must have a sense of urgency
Motivational; Positive about your role, the plans for the Company and development of others
Excellent verbal communication skills—able to positively coach, train and correct front desk agents
Service oriented – actively looking for ways to help people
Able to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as the business dictates
Ability to stand for extended periods of time (maximum 5 hours at a time, 10 hours in total/day)
Ability to work on a computer for extended of time (maximum 5 hours at a time, 10 hours in total/day)
Ability to speak and hear on a phone within a shared work space
Must be able to handle stress; from Guests and Employees
Presents a professional appearance
Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds.
El Paso, TX
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Sick,Vacation
Management Position: Yes