Front Desk Supervisor
The Langham, Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the job
Ensuring smooth operations of the Front Desk for the shift by making sure agents are providing superior guest service as well as making sure that all tasks are taken care of in a timely manner.
- ALL duties of a Front Desk Agent
- Assist Front Desk Agents with situations as necessary.
- Supervise, monitor and advise agents to ensure the consistent delivery of all of the Leading Hotel standards as well as our Front desk procedures and keep the Front Office Manager /Assistant Front Office Manager informed of the Front desk.
- Ensure the smooth operations of the Front Desk for the shift
- Work as a liaison between agents and the Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager
- Responsible for completing all tasks for the shift (all tasks on the check list), keep agents informed of necessary information and all essential information is passed on to the next shift as well as the Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the Front Desk Operations in the absence of the Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager
- Coordinate group arrivals/ departures / arrangements
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by Supervisor
- Monitor all transfers, allowances, rebates, routing and direct billing set ups for the shift and make sure that all rebate slips made by agents are reviewed and signed by supervisor/manager
- Coordinate and monitor cashing out /break times for agents.
- Maintain organization/cleanliness of the Front Desk are
- Additional duties not listed may also be required by supervisor/manage
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/GENERAL REQUIREMENTS/REQUIRED PHYSICAL, MENTAL ABILITIES
- Previous Front Desk experience at similar property or Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Ability to multitask, lead and motivate people strongly desired
- Ability to stay calm and productive under stressful situation required
- Ability to anticipate situation to prevent negative situation and to provide maximum guest satisfaction strongly preferred
- College degree preferred but not required
- Detailed oriented and Team work oriented
- Multi Language skills a plus