Morgans HoteI Group is proud to be a perpetual pioneer in the hospitality industry. Founded in New York City in 1984, Morgans is recognized worldwide as the originator of the boutique hotel concept. By constantly refining basic ideas and always striving to reinvent the hotel experience, Morgans Hotel Group has created a number of breakthrough concepts that have revolutionized the industry. With twelve properties in its worldwide portfolio, Morgans is a market-leader that is poised for growth. Our design-driven approach to reinventing the traditional hotel space has made Morgans a sought after brand for guests and owners alike. Join our trend-setting team of top operators whose driving purpose is to create engaging and dynamic guest experiences for all who enter!
Under the general guidance of the Hotel Manager or General Manager, oversee the daily operations of the Reception Department, PBX and Guest Services.� Ensure that front desk and communications meet hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction.� Act as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments in the absence of the Hotel Manager or General Manager.
Essential Duties & Functions
* Ensure efficient guest registration, check out and telephone service
* Observe front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification and credit are established and all posting, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly
* Observe front desk and telephone attendants and ensure that their duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, calls are handled both courteously and professionally, calls are answered on a timely basis and the proper greetings are used, messages and faxes are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through
* Direct and train front desk staff and operators
* Direct new-hire and on-going training
* Direct front desk staff and telecommunications in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule
* Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily
�Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
* Bachelor’s Degree required.
* Three to five years hotel management experience required. Previous front office management required.
* One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* For Union properties only: Must possess a minimum of three� (3)to five (5) years Hotel and/or Food and Beverage operational experience in a Union environment.� Must have strong and proven knowledge and practice of Hotel Collective Bargaining Agreements� (will be subject to a skill test during interview process)
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations.
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of the changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended according to the business needs. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor.� This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.� The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.