Front Desk-Night Audit
Ridgecrest Eldorado LP
Location: US - CA - Pasadena
At Vagabond Inn, Pasadena, our front desk agent represents the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest's stay. Your interaction can set the tone for the entire guest experience and potentially impact the entire brand! Your genuine warmth and helpful nature enable you to rise to every occasion, from cheerfully greeting the excited family on a vacation adventure to handling the travel-weary guest's request with prompt courtesy. As a Front Desk Agent you'll have many opportunities to brighten someone's day.
A typical day as a hotel front desk agent, involves registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be available day shifts, graveyard shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Welcome and serve guests in person and over the phone everyday.
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Issues room keys, area information pamphlets, etc.
- Answers various questions from guests and arranges transportation for guests.
- Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Runs various reports on the computer for management.
- Print housekeeping reports and room assignments.
- Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, and shift activities with departing shift.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every shift
- Check all unresolved departures.
- Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
- Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
- Assist with breakfat set up, supervising and clean up.
- Clean and tidy front desk area.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
- Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor to all guests at all times both in person and over the phone.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Available for all shifts, including mornings, evenings, overnight and weekends.
- Completion of a two-year program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk Preferred
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft
To be successful in this role, you must have excellent English communication skills and be able to read, write and speak fluently. You will regularly use a computer and different software. This position requires continuous movement, and occasionally, you will have to lift or move up to 20 pounds.