Department: Front Desk
Supervisor: General Manager/Area Manager
Purpose of Position: To provide a clean, efficient, and profitable hotel with a high degree of quality and service provided for guests.
1. Demonstrate good communication skills.
2. Train all functions within the hotel operation.
3. Perform basic math.
4. Provide quality service for guests.
5. Handle and resolve all guest complaints before the guest leaves the property to avert corporate involvement.
6. Inventory and order supplies, for use by staff to complete their jobs.
7. Motivate, train and develop staff in all aspects of the hotel.
8. Complete knowledge of computer software and train employees on the system.
9. Responsible for selection, scheduling, supervising employees and meeting with general manager when problems arise.
10. Process and understand daily work and period end paperwork.
11. Review and understand P&L.
12. Ensure that all maintenance is done on a timely basis.
13. Oversee and operate front desk to include but not limited to: greeting guests, performing guest transactions, answering phone calls.
14. Review all guest ledger, and city ledger accounts on a daily basis.
15. Process department payroll and submit to accounting.
16. Report any liability issues that may occur with guests or employees.
17. Implement all company policies and procedures for safety and security.
18. Review weekly group reservations with Sales Department for cut off dates.
19. Review daily reservations.
20. On a weekly basis, submit payables for the general manager to approve.
1. Payroll hours kept within set guidelines.
2. Responsible for all hotel funds and daily bank deposits.
3. Follow all state and federal guidelines including OSHA Hazardous Communication Training
4. Maintain high level of Quality, Service, and Cleanliness.
5. Take active role in all guest relations.
1. Build business partnership with all employees on staff.
2. Participate in monthly staff meetings.
3. Promote the TEAM MEMBER FOR SUCCESS.
License or Certification Required
1. Two or Four-year degree, or management experience in the hospitality industry
2. Valid driver’s license.
3. Pass a drug test and background check.
.Marginal Job Functions
1. Lifting and moving furniture, supplies, and equipment.
There will be times when you will be asked to perform tasks which are not in the job description of the Front Desk Manager for better operation of the hotel.
Holiday Inn Chandler at Ocotillo
30000 - 38000 USD
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Entry Level: Yes
Hiring Contact: Araceli Palma
Contact Title: General Manager
Fax: (480) 203 - 2122
Address: 1200 W. Ocotillo Rd , Chandler , AZ, 85248, US