Front Desk Manager
Location: US - PA - Pittsburgh
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Responsible for the daily operations of the Guest Service Agents, Night Auditors and Van Drivers. Duties include, but not limited to, ensuring the highest quality of customer service from yourself and all team members, helping to interview prospective employees, train new employees, input payroll, employee performance evaluations, ordering front office supplies, post new information on website, assist with technical support, and handle any guest/employee issues. The Front Desk Manager must be organized, detailed oriented and very personable. Telephone and computer skills a must. Must have at least one-year supervisory experience. Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment and available for all shifts. Previous hotel experience preferred.
Participates in interviews and hires Front Office department associates, including Night Audit
Participates in training all Front Office associates.
Ensures that Front Desk Managers provide adequate training to staff.
Ensures proper staffing levels
Assist in the preparation of all Front Office reviews, job transfers, disciplinary procedures, counseling sessions and terminations.
Has complete understanding of all Front Office staff's job descriptions and duties and is able to perform duties at any given time.
Prepares purchase requisitions for supplies needed by using Buy Efficient.
Has full understanding of hotel reservations system and assists accordingly.
Has thorough knowledge of PMS system (OnQ).
Has complete working knowledge of MICROS/POS system including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
Checks AM and PM discrepancy reports.
Communicates with Housekeeping regarding guest rooms and requests.
Communicates with Engineering regarding maintenance requests from guests.
Promptly and professionally checks guests in and out of the hotel.
Knows how and where to post all charges.
Receives money from guests for payment of hotel charges and makes correct change.
Handles checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges.
Knows all of the room types and rates.
- Knows all emergency procedures (fire, severe weather, bomb threats, guest illness, etc.)
- Meets budget by performing within the guidelines.
- Participates in the following:
- monthly department meetings
- weekly staff and CARE meetings
- weekly Rooms Division meeting
- Supervises the Night Audit staff in the absence of the Night Manager
- Additional duties which you may be asked to perform
- Portray leadership and provides guidance to the Front Office staff.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Proficient with computers, including Safelock equipment.
- Stand and/or walk for varying lengths of time, often long periods.
- Communicate effectively with guests and team members, i.e., provide information, answer questions, assist with problem and service recovery, etc.
- Written communication skills for writing reviews, schedules, and notes to guests, etc.
- Use arithmetic skills for preparing daily payroll, budgeting and ordering from vendors.
- Memorizing hours of operation, amenities of hotel, reading maps and giving clear directions.
- Visually inspect public space for asymmetry and cleanliness.
- Work in an environment that is demanding and physical with fluctuating adverse temperatures.
- Frequent reaching, twisting, bending, stooping, walking, standing, stair climbing, handling and smiling.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds on an individual basis, pushing and pulling up to 50 pound or collectively helping team members move larger loads than the weight limits listed above.