Front Desk Guest Service Agent
Best Western Reading Inn
Location: US - PA - Shillington
1. Check guests in and out of the hotel according to hotel and/or brand standards.
2. Inform guests about the hotel’s room rates, promotions, facilities, features, services, amenities, policies and procedures. Provide tourist information to guests.
3. Handle hotel phone system. Transfer calls to appropriate departments/guests. Accurately take messages for guests.
4. Take, modify and cancel guestroom reservations.
5. Deal with inquiries, requests and complaints from guests. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
6. Perform cashier duties on cash register by completing cash and credit card transactions.
7. Notify and communicate with housekeeping and maintenance departments in regard to any reported problems with guestrooms or grounds.
8. Follow in-house procedure to help ensure the security of guests and employees. Know hotel emergency procedures.
9. Maintain cleanliness of Front Office area.
10. Other duties as assigned by Management
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of surrounding areas, directions, and landmarks
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Clear verbal and writing skills
- Proficient in mathematics and use of computers (Word, Excel, Internet)
- Ability to multi-task
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Polite and friendly
- Professional appearance
- Professional phone answering skills and etiquette
- Team player but still a self-starter
- Must have reliable transportation
- Prior hotel experience preferred
- Must speak English fluently
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred