At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
1. A true desire to promote and develop harmonious inter-departmental relationship with other departments.
2. Provide warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest.
3. Provide assistance checking in and out of all guests.
4. Maintain proper control of all guest’s keys.
5. Accurate documentation on all billing & good service to our Guests.
6. Clearly explain parking fees and luggage procedures.
7. Provide useful information and assistance as needed.
8. Give directions to area sites.
9. A passion to deliver and surpass the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
10. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
11. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, protect company assets.
12. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
13. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
14. All room clerk functions, i.e. the friendly and efficient checking in and out of guests.
15. All cashier functions to include accurate posting of charges to individuals and groups, and maintenance of cash receipts and hotel banks.
16. Reservation functions including entering and updating group files.
17. Concierge functions (instructing guest on local entertainment, etc.)
18. Adhere to the policies of the hotel as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
19. Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
20. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
21. Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
22. Perform all duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
23. Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand.
24. Maintain uniform and grooming standards as outlined in employee handbook and departmental training.
25. Ensure storage areas are clean and unobtrusive requiring bending and lifting equipment to appropriate areas, straitening kneeling and bending to store equipment on storage shelves. Must be able to bend and walk to sweep, mop, and vacuum.
26. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry and push. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.