Front Desk Agent
Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center and Six Horses Tavern wants your positivity and creativity.
The Aurora Inn puts you in the heart of it all. The hotel is just minutes from some of the area's largest shopping areas, including Aurora Farms Premium Outlets, Aurora Commons, and Barrington Town Center as well as Thorncreek Winery, Du-More Equestrian Farm, and Grantwood Public Golf Course, making it perfect for weekend getaways.
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Front Desk/Guest Service Agent is primarily responsible for handling all guest interactions and going above and beyond to exceed guest requests. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression.
The Front Desk/Guest Service Agent shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- all room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service.
- Monitor the hotel front entrance and resolve any congested situations.
- Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within specified minutes determined by property guidelines.
- Maintain a neat and presentable front desk area.
- Monitor guest mail and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that express check-outs are processed through the system.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Contact newly registered guests within specified minutes determined by property guidelines after check-in to establish guest satisfaction; resolve any dissatisfaction immediately. Document each call according to procedures.
- Ensure security of guest rooms.
Team Member is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality experience required
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and Opera or similar property management system.