Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Front Desk Agent greets guests, processes check-ins and check-outs, issues room keys, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.What you will be doing
- Processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
- Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel’s rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies.Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc.Assist guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations. Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
Education and Experience:
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions,and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- Flexible schedule - including weekends and holidays.