Front Desk Agent
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Desoto
Location: US - TX - Desoto
You are welcome to fill out this application from a personal computer or from the hotel property's business center. This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities commonly found in hospitality for this type of position and may be modified based upon business necessity.
Please visit sevahos.com to learn more about our company and to see our other employment opportunities!
Front Desk Agent
Ensures guest satisfaction and revenue optimization through check in, check out and attentive coordination of hotel services for the guest. Works to optimize the guest experience while at the hotel and elsewhere.
- Greets guests and completes established check-in procedures.
- Accurately completes shift checklist.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) procedures in order to open the room for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and maintains accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all departmental functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank.
- Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the timeliest and most accurate method possible.
- Contributes and maintains established information and communications sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
- Provides assistance to other team members and departments.
- Ensures safety by following security procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to guidelines set forth in the team member handbook. Expected to report to work on scheduled days and at scheduled times.
- Observes the 5x10 rule, which is to be complied with at all times. Anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Education/Experience/Certification: High School diploma or equivalent. Previous hotel experience required.
- 90% of shift is standing, bending/kneeling
- Must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of items up to 40 pounds.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office.
- Will be required to work weekends and holidays and all shifts, as necessary.
- Reports to: Front Desk Supervisor and/or Assistant General Manager
- Subordinates: N/A
Benefits : Comprehensive benefits package offered to eligible full-time