Front Desk Agent - 3pm-11pm Shift
DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas Love Field
Location: US - TX - Dallas
DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas - Love Field is searching for talented and energetic individuals to join its dynamic organization. We offer people with talent, passion and integrity a world of opportunity. Our people are our greatest strength. Together, we work to provide products and services that are valued by our customers and by other parties with whom we do business.
The purpose of this position is to operate the Front Office in a courteous and professional manner at all times, while handling guest reservations, arrivals, departures and concerns. The right candidate for this position must be willing to work both AM and PM shifts, as well as weekends and/or holidays.
- Responsible for providing courteous guest service and responding promptly to guest questions, complaints or requests.
- Process all reservation requests for the hotel in an efficient manner, whether by mail, telephone, computer or in person at the Front Desk.
- Process all guest registrations and checkouts accurately and promptly, remembering that this is the first and last impression on our guest.
- Responsible for collecting valid methods of payment for each arriving guest.
- Process all computer messages, answering computer administrative messages and making proper distribution of computer messages as required.
- Account for all receipts, paid-outs and charge funds as specified.
- Perform Front Office posting and filing procedures as directed.
- Notify the Director of Rooms of excessive charges to a guest's folio, or of any suspicious actions by a guest or a visitor.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of the Front Office area.
- Maintain separate food and beverage outlet balances and charge information and providing this information as required to staff.
- Provide accurate information to other departments such as house counts, room status or guest service requirements.
- Provide other services as requested by the Director of Rooms.
- Responsible for answering the switchboard promptly, before the third ring, if at all possible, in a courteous manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Responsible for authorizing all credit cards and filing vouchers in the guest ledger bucket. Also re-approving credit cards after the guest has exceeded the specified approval amount.
- Responsible for running emergency guest in-house reports on an hourly basis.
- Responsible for receiving Maintenance requests and making sure that they are reported to the Maintenance Department as soon as possible.
- Responsible for documenting all wake-up call requests and making all wake-up calls in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain proper supply levels for the next shift.
- Responsible for receiving Housekeeping requests and making sure that they are reported to the Housekeeping Department as soon as possible.
- Any other duties or responsibilities which might be required by a Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
- Six (6) months of Front Office experienced preferred.
- Excellent communication and courteousness, as well as the ability to learn quickly.
- Understanding of basic Front Office terminology, as well as knowledge of basic Front Office operations.
- Previous experience with OnQ Property Management System preferred.
- Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.